What are the categories of wheelchairs?
1. Electric Wheelchairs
There are different specifications available for adults or children respectively. In order to meet the needs of people with different degrees of disability, electric wheelchairs have a variety of different control methods. Those with partial residual hand or forearm function can choose an electric wheelchair that is operated by hand or forearm. The electric knob or rocker of this wheelchair is very sensitive and can be operated with a slight contact of the fingers or forearm. For patients with complete loss of hand and forearm function, the following electric wheelchairs for manipulation are available.
2. Special Wheelchairs
For the specific needs of patients with certain disabilities, there are a variety of special wheelchairs. Such as unilateral passive wheelchair, special wheelchair for toilet, some wheelchairs with lifting device, etc.
3. Folding Wheelchair
The frame can be folded, so it is easy to carry and transport. This is currently the most widely used one. Depending on the width of the chair and the height of the wheelchair, it can be used by adults, teenagers, and children, and some according to the wheelchair can be replaced with a larger seat back and backrest to meet the needs of children growing. Folding wheelchair armrests or footrests are removable.
4. Lying Wheelchair
The backrest can be tilted backward from a vertical to a horizontal position. The footrest can also freely change the angle.
5. Sports Wheelchair
A special wheelchair designed for competition. It is light in weight and can run faster in outdoor applications. In order to reduce weight, in addition to the use of high-strength lightweight materials (such as aluminum), some sports wheelchairs can not only remove the armrests and footrests but also remove the handle part of the backrest.
6. Hand-push Wheelchair
This is a wheelchair pushed by others. This kind of wheelchair can be used before and after the same diameter of small wheels to reduce the cost and weight, the armrests can be fixed, open or folding type, push wheelchair is mainly used as a nursing chair.
How should the wheelchair maintenance?
1. First of all, we must fully understand this equipment, how to use it, the function of the buttons everywhere, do not appear to buy something, the critical moment can not be flexible, especially how to start and how to quickly stop when encountering unexpected things can play a key role.
2. Keep the body clean put it in a dry and ventilated place to prevent rust and corrosion of accessories.
3. Before using the wheelchair and within a month, check whether the bolts are loose and if they are loose, tighten them in time. In normal use, check every three months to ensure that all parts are in good condition. Check the various firm nuts on the wheelchair (especially the rear axle fixing nuts), and adjust and tighten them in time if they are found to be loose.
4. Regularly check the use of tires, timely maintenance of rotating parts, and regular refilling of a small amount of lubricant.
5. When going out inevitably get mud and water, or wet by the rain, pay attention to timely cleaning and wipe the mud, and coated with anti-rust wax, rain is too acidic, mud if not cleaned in time and easy to rust wheelchair, at least visually affect its beauty.
6. Tire to maintain adequate air pressure, can not be in contact with oil, acidic substances to prevent deterioration.
7. Chair car seat frame connection bolts for loose coupling, strictly forbidden to tighten.
8. On the electric wheelchair, the car develops the habit of charging, keeping the battery full of power. Prohibit the loss of power storage; if you do not use the electric wheelchair for a long time, the loss of power storage will seriously affect the service life, and the longer the idle time, the more serious the battery damage. The idle electric wheelchair should develop the habit of charging regularly. Make the battery in a “full state” for a long time. And avoid the rain! Take it lightly and so on.
9. Always check the flexibility of the movable and rotating structure and apply lubricant. If, for some reason, the axle of the wheel needs to be removed, make sure that the nut is tightened and not loosened when reinstalling it.